Thursday, February 23, 2006

I'm No Lady

On tuesday I took Little Man to the museum of natural history. At that point I realized without a doubt, one week is not going to be enough time to see everything. So we will pick and choose our next stops. At the natural history museum we got to see the world famous Hope diamond. *yawn* It was much smaller than I imagined it to be (about the size of a brooch). I am not much into jewelry anyway so that exhibit was lost on me.

Wednesday Little Man and I went to the museum of American history. This was a fantastic museum and had more things to look at. They have the "hall of first ladies" which has items from every first lady you can imagine. They even have dresses the women wore on display (hooray for president Grant who obviously loved FAT women- he is my kind of man). When we entered the hall we immediately saw some of these gowns with huge portraits of smiling first ladies and that is when Little Man said "I am so glad you aren't a lady, Mommy" I tried not to laugh (kids hate when you laugh at what they say) and walked on. Then a little later when I had composed myself, I asked him why was he glad I wasn't a lady. He answered this : "hmm, I don't know why. I think I just need to think before I talk next time" This kid is one never ending adventure.

Image hosting by Photobucket

That is one big turtle fossil.

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is a fossil of a prehistoric "fish" with a fish inside its stomach. When Little Man saw this, he thought he struck gold. He told me he had heard about this and dreamed of seeing it.

Image hosting by Photobucket

These clothes actually belonged to Benjamin Franklin. He was pretty small for a guy. I felt like the clothes were the same size Little Man wears.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Do you totally love spending time with just one of your kids every once in a while? Little man is such a treasure to you, it's obvious.

**hugs**

Hope you're still having fun!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

omg i wish i could have went with u net mom u had a blast and i know i would have 2 if i was with u!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

I wish you were with us too, Ryan. Little Man needs another young person to keep up with him ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home