Monday, February 20, 2006

Posting From DC!

Helloooooo blogger friends! Little Man and I are having a blast. We left Mr. Daphnewood in Bethesda and came to a town called Burke in Virginia to stay with a cousin. This town is the freakiest town you could ever see. It is a normal size suburb but there are like 100 street names called Burke. So my directions were take Burke Road to Burke Center and I think there was a Burke highway in there too. I just know there are too many Burkes. And it is a WHITE town. I mean, there is not much diversity.

My mom's cousin is a hoot. I think I have admitted this only other people's blogs but I am a registered republican. I won't go into my reasons today but I like to consider myself moderate. Anyway, this cousin picks us up in a tiny car (I am used to my SUV) with Kerry bumper stickers all over it. My favorite one he has "Don't blame me I voted for Kerry". Little Man got huge eyes and really nervous. I was so glad I had a conversation with him just two weeks ago about John Kerry. I told him that John Kerry isn't a bad man, he just didn't have enough of the same views as mommy to warrant my vote. So the cousin and I have been having some great laughs. He considers himself a moderate liberal. It really has been awesome.

Yesterday we went to Alexandria to Mt. Vernon. Aside from the thousands of high school and middle school students, it was a good day to go. They were celebrating Washington's birthday. There was this man that was dressed as George Washington pretending to be him and Little Man said "Mommy, I would like to speak with General Washington if you don't mind". I just laughed. When we got up there he said hello and then told the father of our nation Happy Birthday. I wanted to make sure that Little Man knew this was just pretend and he rolled his eyes at me and said "no one is 274 years old mom. I know he was just pretending". Ah I love when my kids are still themselves even far away from home.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosting by Photobucket

6 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always get lost in Burke, too, don't forget Burke Center Parkway! Glad you're having fun!

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

sounds and looks like your having fun net mom love the post!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What an awesome kid!

**hugs**

Glad you're having fun!

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Great snaps...the one of Little Man and the father of our country is priceless!

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Well hello fellow republican! It looks like you guys are having a blast there! Little man is quite a smart cookie!

 
At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me link to SEO software (promotion, advertisement, etc.). I'm need it to promote my new e-shop.
Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home