Sunday, February 05, 2006

Thank You, Dr. Blogger Buddies

My headaches are going away. I am a person that handles stress in very weird ways. I do not cry or hide in my room. I do not sink into deep depressions or go into mass rages like normal people do. I just push it down in my mind and "rationalize" and go on with life. When the rationalizing isn't going so well my body takes the hit in the form of colds, flus, mono, aches etc. Yes, I said aches. They were crazy people headaches that I was having. At least not crazy chronic headaches.

When I read your responses from my monologue, I realized I am under TONS of stress. My mother who has lived with me for 6 years now and helped out on many ways around the house was GONE for two whole months (she got back yesterday). My husband has been in Chicago for 2 weeks . I have 3 children that have been battling illness and I have had to juggle various types of appointments with them. And I witnessed "the accident". I should have been clued into the fact that I was having nightmares about it and also nightmares about our friend who died in the elevator so maybe they caused the headaches.

So now that I am aware of the stress that has built up inside me, I seem to have a handle on the headaches. It is amazing and very freeing. Your diagnoses were correct as were treatments. I am still going to go to the doctor (someday soon) but now it is not so pressing or scary. Thanks y'all.

5 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

I'm glad to hear that the headaches are subsiding...take care of yourself, I worry about you!

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

i could learn a lot from u net mom!

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

I am glad to know that you are not worried anymore and that your mother has returned. Life always seems better when our loved ones are close. I hope easier times are ahead for you.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

You take care of yourself Miss Daphne :)

I didn't get to respond to your email last night as I had hoped. I will try to write from work today if I can....Definitely will respond by tonight. :)
hugs

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Do take care of you, darlin.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home