Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Name Calling

My kids were kind of bickering and calling each other various names for stupid. I had a flashback to my childhood and realized my brothers and I were much more creative when it came to expressing names for stupid. I tried to think about some of the words and phrases and here are a few:

Dweeb- this was usually said when just passing by with no provocation. One word putdown usually retalliated with a one word putdown such "moron" or "dorkazoid"

Retardo Montalban- we usually called each other this if they other said something totally off the wall that made no sense

Spaz- this could also be "spazwad" or "spazmoid" usually brought out for clumsy events i.e. 'way to go, Spaz!'

Gomer Pyle- said for ignorant moments. sometimes we just lovingly said "you Gomer!"

then we would say complete sentences like "hey the short yellow school bus is outside to pick you up" and "I see someone has beat you with the stupid stick" (this one could be interchanged with ugly stick, smelly stick, loser stick, etc.) All of these could be said in the presence of our mother without too much trouble.

oh the list is endless but I am curious to hear what everyone else called their brothers or sisters.

5 Comments:

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

i'm sure there must be some interesting ones but i can't remember any oh dear. the only one i can think of is topher calling me loser, which happens all the time and is highly unoriginal i must say. your ones are creative!

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If my partner catches me doing something stupid, he says "did you forget your helmet?" of the short bus analogy. I just tell him to shut up Leah [his mother's name LOL]
k

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Lisa, I guess Topher saves all his creativity for his vlog. Next time he calls you loser just say to him "I'm sorry, did you say something to me, Paper man?"

Knotty, you have claws! but I like the use of the mother-in-law putdown. With my husband (who is a neurosurgeon), if he is doing something stupid I tell him "see! you should have been a rocket scientist instead" He hates that.

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

ROTFL!! That is so funny!

I heard another creative one the other day, the context was the most hilarious part-
Tye (4 years old) was joking around with his Mom, Angie. He called her various names such as "cheesehead" and "dum-dum-butt" and she retaliated with such things as "monkey-breath" and "your hair is as crooked as a dog's hind leg." I was watching the interaction laughing, but the best one is the one she won with: "Your Momma eats cat poop."
Neither of them seemed to care that while she was tossing 'your-momma' insults, she was insulting herself, and when he heard that one, he thought it was just awful. "Nuh-uh!" he exclaimed, thereby losing the insult war. (as you know, insult wars are lost when one party is unable to think of a snappy comeback.)

 
At 3:57 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

My older brother and twin sis always called me Mom Jr, because I would be the voice of reason telling them they'd get hurt if they continued poking at each other with sticks, running with scissors, etc.

We all called each other a "cosmic" which was short for "cosmic butt hole" and of course my mom didn't know THAT. We called each other "freakshow", Gomer, nimrod, freakaziod, and dork-mobile, to name a few.

I like the one SunGroove just said about the insult war! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home