Friday, February 24, 2006

Fatigue and Final Day

Today will be my last post until monday or tuesday. We start the trip back to Kansas tomorrow morning. We did not get to see everything here but I knew that would happen. Today we are going to try to squeeze in a tour of the Library of Congress and going to the top of Washington Monument if it is open. Little Man has finally declared himself brave enough. Then an art museum (hopefully the one with the only DaVinci in America) and on the train trip home we will stop at Arlington Cemetery. We have driven past it but I want to take some pictures. I don't care about seeing Kennedy's grave so we won't walk in too far.

Yesterday was a total washout until we went out at night. In the day time, we decided to see "The National Aquarium". Oh my gosh, first they charged to get in while no other museum actually charges. Then, they had a sign outside that said piranha feeding on thursdays but inside (once you paid) they had another that said it was cancelled. The touch pool was 'closed for maintenence' and then we saw the museum. I am telling the truth, it was a hallway full of fish tanks. Only one floor and one hallway long. That was what we got for 5 dollars and this is the national aquarium. If you have ever been to an Aquarium restaurant, you have seen more fish than this place. If you have been to the Mirage in Las Vegas you have seen more fish. Been to the doctor's office, you've seen more fish. Okay I was exaggerating on the last one but it was extremely small.

At the end of each day I ask Little Man what did he learn that day, just to cement it in his head a bit. Yesterday, I asked "Little Man, what did you learn about the Capitol building?" He said, "they fight a lot there". He is like genius level don't ya think?

Image hosting by Photobucket

I was pleased to see Little Man in awe over Thomas Jefferson. Once he found out that this was the man who wrote the Declaration of Independence he was very reverant. This was a really good monument.

Image hosting by Photobucket

A view of the Washington Monument at night. Beautiful!

Image hosting by Photobucket

This is a monument dedicated to Albert Einstein. I think everyone who visits DC should see this. It was really interesting.

For your viewing pleasure (ha ha ha) I uploaded a video clip of the grand aquarium: video one
I tried ot do two but it failed. I will upload mroe when I get back to KS

7 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Hope your trip home is safe!

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

That picture of Little Man and Jefferson is another classic. He has good taste in presidents, I think. And I have to go to Washington DC to see the monument to Einstein. It looks wonderful!

Have a safe trip home!

 
At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your relatives should have told you to go to the Baltimore Aquarium, which is a little more expensive, but SO worth it.

 
At 11:32 AM, Blogger Mike said...

Have a safe trip back.

 
At 4:13 PM, Blogger tara said...

Happy trails missy :)

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

You're in my favorite city!! I am so happy you saw Einstein! He is so close to all the other memorials(well, across the street from the big group) yet, so many people don't walk over and see him. Ther is the museum of flight there which is really amazing so if you get a chance to visit it it's pretty coola dn doesn't take very long (has the Enola gay, Wilbur Wright's plane and some other equally cool ones)

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

Hey, I've taken a picture with that Einstein monument! It was so awesome. DC rocks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home