Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Parent's Bad Dream

I was going to call this post "A Parent's Nightmare" but that would be if your child was hurt or worse. This was just a 'bad dream' level occurence with not too much trauma. So let me tell you about it. Yesterday after taking Little Man to the doctor, we went to McDonald's to meet my friend. She has a couple of little boys that Little Man enjoys playing with even though they are quite a bit younger. We arrived before my friend at around 11:15 am. That is before the lunch rush. The play place was secluded and empty. At least I thought it was. I heard some movement from up high in the tunnels. Little Man looked in a tube slide exit and said "Mama! I see a boot!"

I was getting a funny feeling about it all. Then I heard a loud rumble from the top of the play area then a "whoosh!" as a rather large teenager emerged from the slide. She bent down and asked Little Man where did he see the boot. He pointed to it and she retrieved it. It was a gi-normous boot. Definitely not her size. Are you getting the picture here? Teenagers at a freakin McDonald's play place going at it. I got horrified when they didn't come down. What were they doing? Little Man said that there was a grownup boy in there kissing the girl. Great. When the place got busy the teens finally emerged looking sweaty, gross, gothic and truant. They had their backpacks with them.

So this is a parent's bad dream in two ways for me. First of all, Little Man was playing in an area where two nasty teenagers were getting it on. The sanitary concerns made me want to wash Little Man down with an alcohol bath. Just disgusting. Plus he got an advanced sex education course that I wasn't counting on him seeing for a while. The second reason why it was a bad dream for me is because I thought of Mouse. She is 15. Not that she would skip school to have sex in the McDonald's play place but it reminded me that kids will find a way no matter what if they want it. Yikes!

6 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger Al said...

I would be more concerned that it was a predator hiding in the play equipment. Scary, but parents today need to be aware all the time.

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Ew-w-w-w. Now I understand why they're ripping the play spaces out of a lot Micky D's. Glad I steered clear of the slides.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am a McDonald's vet and never, ever saw anything like that. The modern day teen is a scary species. I was also often the only person who was both able to show up for work on Saturday and Sunday mornings and socially acceptable enough to deal with the public, meaning I was frequently the designated birthday-party leader. I'm sure this is not legal anymore, but I had to take very small kids down the slides on my lap. I got peed on more times than I can remember. The Windex-like disinfectant spray used on the equipment at the end of the day, as I recall, would've been woefully inadequate to sanitize anything...but kid pee isn't really all that bad at the end of the day, is it? Fornicating 15-year-olds, on the other hand, is about the grossest thing I can conjure.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright, teenagers skiving off school, that I can understand. Teenagers, erm, getting close to other teenagers, that I can also understand. But at a McDonald's play area? Just...why? You'd think they could find somewhere else. Anywhere else.

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooof. Just...makes me glad I wasn't a normal teenager.

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home