Thursday, October 26, 2006

Terrible Day

Mr. Daphnewood had an accident this morning. He tripped when he woke up and fell into my dresser. I had some 3-ring binders laying ontop and his face hit the binders cutting his eye. It cut the cornea but thankfully it did not cut within the visual field. That would have been tragic and possibly the end of his career in surgery. Finished before it even started. BUT that didn't happen and we here in the Daphnewood Household are extremely grateful for the heavenly protection. Please keep my hubby in your thoughts and prayers. He is home today with an eye patch and lots of pain killers. He has an appointment tomorrow to check up on it. I helped put some medicated ointment in it earlier and it was ugly underneath. The poor guy. His accident has left some people over-extended at work and I am worried there will be some resentment towards him because of it. I know that seems ridiculous that people would be upset about him getting hurt but so goes life in a residency program. He has always been there for others when they needed to go home. Hopefully they will remember that and be NICE. In the meantime, I will be driving him around for the next 3-7 days.

5 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:-o Here are some big get well wishes for Mr. Daphnewood. And a virtual cup of peppermint tea. Not because it'll help his eye, but just cause it tastes good. Here's a virtual glassful for you, too! :-)

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Wow. Thank God for small miracles. I'm staying in bed until spring. I'll be thinkin' of ya.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Sorry to hear about the accident. Thanks for stopping by my hole in the blogosphere. You are more than welcome to visit anytime! Peace.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Al said...

Thank God it was not worse. I'll pray that everything heals up perfectly.

 
At 5:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray Mr. D gets well soon. And not that in ANY WAY I wish this trauma on your family... but isn't it the teensiest bit nice to have him around for a while? I mean, if you were looking for a silver lining.

**hugs**

 

Post a Comment

<< Home