Monday, October 23, 2006

Little Man, ESP, and Pine Tar

Little Man has been freaking me out lately. The kid is so sensitive and in tune with me. I know we are close but I swear that sometimes he is reading my thoughts. Last week, I was in the kitchen doing dishes. For some reason, my mind drifted to a story that my uncle had told me about catching a shark. Little Man was in the other room playing. He came in and said "Mommy, did uncle R. throw the shark back after he caught it?" What?! Did I say something out loud without noticing? I let it slide.

Then a couple of days later I was sitting thinking about how long our train trip was. 36 hours is a very long time to be on a train. Little Man was in the same room and said "Mommy, did I behave on the train?" I was jolted that he was thinking about the train ride too. I asked him why did he ask me that and he said that he just wanted to know if he kept getting up and walking around too much while he was on the train.

Now today, the kids have been in school all day. I was thinking about Gary Sinise and how I loved him the movie "The Stand". Perhaps I would even watch it this week. Little Man came home and said "hey Mommy, do you remember the movie "Stand"? I think we should watch it again because it was really good. Mac from CSI is in it." Am I babbling out loud and not realizing it? Am I an open book? Is my son psychic? Freaky times indeed.

And I could not let it pass. Kenny Rogers was cheating last night in the World Series by using pine tar to help with his grip on the ball. He washed it off after the first inning and still kicked ass but now his image is tarnished. How sad for his team. Now if the Tigers do win, people will think it is because he cheated. I was thinking at first that people were just blowing this out of proportion but today there is picture after picture of his hand with the same brown smudge in several different games. Apparently a lot of pitchers use some type of gripping solvent. Kenny just got caught.

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Hm-m-m. Sounds like you have a brain leak, I'd have the seals checked. Baseball, schmaseball, the Mariners sucked so bad this year I lost interest in May.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sone and I used to do that when he was little; it always blew me away. I can't explain it, tho.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home