Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Birthdays, Snowdays and Hurt Ankles

Today is M-Boy's birthday. He is 14 now and thinks he is a grown man. I will let him live out his little fantasy for the day then smash that grandeur first thing tomorrow. He got a real bonus for his birthday by waking up to a snowday. No school! I, personally, am sick of the stuff. Maybe driving around with a filthy muddy car is someone else's idea of fun but not me. I like my roads to be non-slushy and non-slippery. And I know for a FACT that Mr. Daphnewood is sick of the snow. He slipped outside the hospital last night and hurt his ankle. His friends in orthopedics helped him out. It might be worse than he is letting on but he hasn't been home yet so I don't know for sure. When men get hurt they have two reactions. The first is to respond like a baby and need lots and lots of attention. The second is to act like a stoic soldier that feels no pain despite the fact their limbs have been ripped from their body. Mr. Daphnewood is responding like the stoic soldier this time. So until I actually see him, I won't know how bad it is. Men. And I can't believe M-Boy wants to be one already.

3 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Ah, the great paradox. We want to be men, but can always revert to, um, 'babies'. I have to admit that when I go down sick, I go down hard and revert. However, can't get sick now as there is nobody to 'revert for'. Ha!

I looked for email but don't see it listed.

Hope the entire family has a wonderful VDay!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What? YOu don't like the snow? heheh ME EITHER at this point. Two weeks of it was PLENTY! IT CAN STOP NOW!!!!!

 
At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry you are experiencing one of our worst winters in a long time. Last year was mild, relatively speaking, this year has been extreme to the other end. I am sick of it myself and am starting to feel like the character Jack Nicholson played in "the Shining." Hope mr. daphnewood is ok. Hang in there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home