Sunday, January 21, 2007

Housebound

This weekend I turned 37. It was just another day for me because I am not big on birthdays. I love celebrating as long as it is for someone else. My kids were sweet (singing and hugs and stuff) and Mr. D took me out to breakfast just me and him. It was a good thing we escaped early because by the afternoon the snow started falling. and falling. and falling some more. I have been housebound two weekends in a row now. It is getting old (like me). I think the roads have been cleared for school tomorrow. Which reminds me of a funny conversation between Little Man and Mr. Daphnewood.

Little Man: I hope we have a snow day all week this week!
Mr. D: no you don't. That would just make your summer vacation one week shorter.
Little Man: What do you mean?
Mr. D: well, everytime you get a snow day they take away one day of your summer vacation to make up for the school that you missed during the winter.
Little Man: Man, what a rip off!

Is that "innocence" I hear shattering?

6 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! :-)

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Mum!
Poor Little Man. Well, at least he gets to understand a few more things.
I miss you guys. My little sister doesn't call. ^^
Well, I love you Mum! I'll be around.

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Kim and SA, thank you so much. I ate jello cake (a particular favorite of mine) and felt like a queen.

Solin, Mouse has been infected with cooties by a boy. She talked on the phone 5 hours straight with this boy last weekend and today she talked for 4. Cooties make her do strange things. How are your classes going? I miss you tons kiddo. I think Dr. Dad and I will be coming to Houston in April to visit his brother. Maybe we can pick you up for a day or at least a meal. *big hugs*

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

thanx 4 the well wishes mom!

 
At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww-happy birthday! I hope you had a woderful time with Mr. Daphnewood at your birthday breakfast Saturday morning. Glad you went out and got some enjoyment before our latest batch of nasty weather hit. I am just sick of it! Hope all is well with you!

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Daphne!!!! *hugs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home