Friday, April 01, 2005

Day of Stress

I am sick and I cannot breathe out of my nose. I have this 'thing' about breathing.

My daughter has a friend who is like an extension of our family. I would adopt this girl in a heartbeat. She came up missing tonight and I freaked out. I called her guardian, he thought she was with me, I thought she was with him. Talk about 911 time! A 14 year old girl out at 11:30 at night and no one can say where she is?! I lost about 3 years of my life tonight on that one. At least she is home and safe. Why do kids try that kind of stuff? A great mystery of life.

In the meantime I have read more of Devil on the Cross and have decided I really don't like this story. I am getting the impression the author thinks christianity is the demon. That is not cool in my opinion. However, I will hold my final judgement until the end of the book. I will keep you posted but it is much harder for me to read than Achebe. He is a fantastic author with words that flow. Ngugi rambles on at times but who am I to complain about rambling?

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

A certain 14 year old girl (my niece) has been a blessing and a curse in my life these last several months. So I'm right there with you.

Glad she's found,too.

 
At 3:36 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home