Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Final Number One

Today I have my first final. It is in my women studies class and I am dreading it on some level but rejoicing on another. This simply means I do not enjoy the class and I am happy it is over. I do not care for women studies because for the most part it is a class that is taught from an angry lesbian point of view. I have nothing against anger and I have nothing agaisnt lesbians, it's just I am not one. The women studies courses I have encountered so far have nothing to do with the average woman and all about the exceptional female instead. Apparently I am not sufficiently enlightened to the plight of women because I am not engulfed with hate and anger, nor am I outraged by the way women are treated in the world. I am mad that so many people hide behind religion to oppress women because I truly believe that is not what God intended and compared to other nations the women in America have it made. I do realize it is because the women before me have helped America become that way. I am sorry I failed my professor. She is a nice woman and not an angry lesbian either but I like men and feel that idiots and power hungry scallywags come in all shapes, sizes, colors, genders and sexes- not just white college educated males.

1 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Amen Sister!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home