Thursday, April 21, 2005

Learned Lesson Number Two

Not everyone is kind online. I had left a comment on a blog that I felt was pretty benign. In return for my efforts, this person decided to leave a comment on my blog. I would not have minded a nasty comment directed toward me in the least. Instead this mean spirited person said something to a sweet woman who left a heart felt comment. Every parent has the right to raise their child in a manner that reflects their values. If this person does not like the way my friends raise their kids, then this person should have their own children so they can "successfully indoctrinate" those kids to their way of thinking. Ranting and raving on a blog is one thing but searching out and attacking others who never even once commented to you is entirely different. I don't know. Maybe this person is trying to be the Howard Stern of blogging. I just know I have learned my lesson to stay away from commenting on questionable blogs. Mean people suck.

7 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

Your blog entries are interesting and easy to read. Your writing style flows. There is a trust thing going on between bloggers, and those that break the rules and offend others or misuse others' words should be taken out and... Ice cream, anyone? But really, I enjoy your writing style.

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger the autophobe said...

i know, i'm a horrible person. but since i'm already mean (and thus suck) i might as well clarify: successful indoctrination equals unsuccessful parenting. be pleased that your child can evaluate a situation and make a decision instead of merely relieved when you hear them parroting your values.
i should know better than to talk about anything that matters. it just offends people. but i'm mean.

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Thank you hirsch. and yes, I will take you up on that ice cream now.

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

autophobe, I do not think you understand the cognitive and emotional functioning that must take place for a child to stand up to her friends and support the values she has been raised with. You teaching your children your approved values is no different than the person who teaches their children values you do not agree with. Thus, you too are indoctrinating your children. You are very judgemental. I persoanlly feel that to raise a child without guidance is doing that child a grave disservice. It is a tough balance to make sure rules are not too tight and not too loose but at least I try. You on the other hand point your fingers at my friends without first evaluating yourself and your motives. I am sorry if you do not approve of the way I raise my children or the way my friends raise theirs but they are OUR kids.

 
At 5:07 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Thanks for sticking up for me Daphnewood. You understand that I wasn't glad about Mindy "parroting" my values, but that she stands up for herself and I'm thankful that she believes the same as me... about many things but not all.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Admin said...

Don't give up - you put a comment on my blog the other day and I thought it was a great thing to do.

(I never publicised it and was amazed that anyone else had come across it. I still wonder how on earth you found it!)

 
At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
air purifier Mcse trng kit designing a tv and its side effects lyrics Business com leadership training seminars california parenting tv show Cheap calls to mobiles in spain Kenny chesney old blue chair Iowa laser tattoo removal Sony handycam dv7 wav tv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home