Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Finally....

I finally quit living my life like a frenzied tornado touching down here and there and leaving destruction as I go. Why do we push ourselves until living is no longer fun? God gave us this life as a gift and we turn it to superficial pursuits that just leave us unhappy. My day is nothing but errand after errand and I always feel guilty if I do not accomplish all that I am suppose to accomplish in a day. Being busy is one thing but over-laden is another. I myself love the challenge of a new project that consumes a lot of my time and when I finish, there is nothing so satisfying as a job well done. However, one can take on too many projects and then they all suffer. What was the point? Know your limits and stay within them, pushing the boundaries ever so slowly. Remember to breathe too. And be sure to take the time to notice your surroundings like the feel of the sun on your face or the sound of a train whistle in the distance. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you might miss the world just passing you by. A lesson I have learned is that the world does not stop to wait for you to pull your head out of your butt. Do yourself a favor and pull it out this minute and enjoy today!

1 Comments:

At 3:41 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

So true, my friend. I know it's true, and yet I don't follow that advice until things are in a crisis and then I wonder why.

Thanks for the challenge of pulling my head out of my butt. It's been there so long, what happens if I can't stand up straight again?

LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home