Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I'm Still Worth It!

My husband can be the sweetest guy in the world sometimes. Last night I was talking to him and telling him how excited I was getting for us to move up there with him so we can be a family again. I mentioned how this time, our time apart was too long. He said at least we could talk to each other everyday and reminded me when he was in basic training (many many many years ago) he only got to use the phone 10 minutes a week. He said " I stood in the freezing snow in a long line to use a pay-phone where everyone could overhear our conversation. Just to talk to you for 10 minutes. But that is okay. You were worth it and I would do it again today because you are still worth it. " He just boosted my self-esteem about 10-fold. I really love that man.

7 Comments:

At 6:35 PM, Blogger Kim said...

I didn't realize that you were apart. I can only imagine how hard it's been. Hubby's been on 3rd shift for about 6 years now, and the first few weeks I bawled my eyes out. Now I'm used to it. I don't think I'd ever get used to living apart.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

the worst part about it all is that it was my decision to stay behind to finish my degree. The kids stayed w/me to finish the school year. That way the hospital owned his butt free and clear to take call at whim.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Oh!! *sigh* that is SO sweet.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

What a loving hubby! I'm so happy that moving day is coming closer for you. Yahoooooo for moving, for Kansas, and especially for FREEZING COLD AND ICY winters. Or was that BOO for the winters? hehe

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IS he available? He sounds devine!!! :)
k

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger Zoe Strickman said...

I didn't realize he was away either. I agree with everyone else -- he sounds like a sweety. I hope everything is going well for you. Thank you for your e-mails these past few days.

 
At 3:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that Bird Flu is expected to arrive in the USA or Canada this fall.
It said it killed almost 60% of those who got infected.
Is it true ?
What can we do to avoid it ?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home