Monday, May 30, 2005

Lactose Intolerant

Well after bragging and relishing in my feast of Fruit Loops yesterday reality slammed me in the face. I am lactose intolerant. I am mildly so, compared to some but severe compared to others. I was sicker than a dog for several hours. I did find it interesting how in my mind I had created this reason for no longer eating cereal. It was not because I found it to be a "kid breakfast". I quit eating it because my stomach hurt like hell afterward. Now why did I choose to forget that part? Always the psychologist.....

6 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

sometimes it's quite useful being able to forget physical pain, but it's a shame something which tastes so good makes you ill :(

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger New Homeowner said...

Whenever I have a crazy craving for cereal (or anything with milk) I have lactose free milk. I can't tell the difference in the taste - some other people say that they can, but they don't get the debilitating stomach cramps, so I choose to ignore them.

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

I have some sage from big bear that will probably cure you, email me and I will arrange a delivery. brilheaint at yahoo dot com
'shakes rattles and fetish bag in smoke filled hogan'

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ONE WORD....Silk. Honestly the milk KILLS me!!! Silk will save your cereal eating habits and is lovely for dunking those sexy oreos.
hugs,
k

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

The cereal was soooo good but I think part of it was the whole milk. Maybe I should just keep lactaid in the house for the next time I have a craving. David, I'll pass on the sage my friend. It reminds of too much of camp and when I peed in my sleeping bag the first night. OOPS! TMI (too much info) And Knotty, I had some oreos this weekend that were double stuffed w/peanutbutter. Talk about falling off the wagon.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

DOUBLE STUFF PB?????? Oh Daphne my knees are weak, girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home