Thursday, September 22, 2005

Not Politics Already!

I am already hearing crap about the response to Republican Texas vs. Democratic Louisiana in the midst of hurricanes. Okay that is exactly what I said: CRAP. Texas has more money. They have more people, more working people paying taxes which leaves more money for city/state improvements. A few years back Houston got drenched by a tropical storm. FEMA made Houston and especially the medical center make hurricane savvy modifications before they would pay any money at all. So guess what? Houston did it! Louisiana just was not prepared. Texas will take a big hit but look at Florida. That state has been battered left and right and even up the middle in the past few years. You don't see them acting like "oh the whole world has left us to rot". Bull crap. Take politics out of natural disasters people. The only politics I want to hear about is why the damn Katy freeway project is going to take 33 months to complete and why has I45 had orange cones since 1982. Lets finish these damn freeways people! So next time there is a mass evacuation people actually have more than 3 friggin lanes to drive on. And for those who don't live in Houston, I10 is one freeway that floods with common rain storms. If Houston gets 1 inch of rain, forget driving on I10. God, please forgive my cussing and be with all of those in the path of Rita.

1 Comments:

At 8:39 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Go girl. I'm with ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home