Monday, September 12, 2005

Mayberry Post Office

I had to go to the post office today and it was an experience out of a television show. The workers were mostly middle-aged men who were friendlier than a Yosemite bear eyeing your bag of marshmallows. The one thought I was daughter of the year for having my mom live with me. He doesn't realize how much slave labor she puts into my home. Poor mom. Then they all were welcoming us to Kansas and just chatting away. A man came in and they knew him by name. I was thinking I had made a stop-over in the twilight zone but if so it was one of those happy episodes. Not one that makes you afraid to sleep with all the lights off. Kansas City is big but I guess our part of town is rather friendly. I am glad of that. I think I will change the name to Mayberry. Yes, I live in Mayberry Kansas. Now if I can just get those jerks at Bank of America to start acting the part.

6 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Hehheh no kidding (about the bank)

My granpa-campbell works for the Petersburg bank here in WV. It is probably as close as you'll get to the Mayberry-bank. Sometimes they still approve people for loans who have thirty-year old loans they haven't paid, just because they know they need the money.

Quite often residents who live in the town are given loans merely on their signatures.
Everyone there is really friendly and sincerely want to help the other people in their community..

I like your post office :) I wish we could put your post office and the Petersburg Bank in the same town.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Wow, I wish there were a Mayberry Denmark, so that I could go to the post office there. Not that they are horrible or anything in the Danish postal system, but certainly not as nice as your description.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

Sounds lovely, like a timeless place, where old and young can all get along. Soemthing I keep hoping will happen. Welcome to Utopia Daphne!

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Sounds great. ^^ Wish there were somewhere like that back here in Texas. @.@

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I personally cannot even imagine what an unpleasant Kansasite (?) would be like. I'm from Minnesota originally, its kind of the same deal, except for MN has a lot of Swedes which aren't generally the warmest folks around.

I can't sleep at night with the lights on just by hearing the stupid theme song to the Twighlight Zone. My dad tried to get me into that show when I was like 10. What was he thinking???

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home