Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A Baseball Post, Feel Free to Skip

I know, only 19 games into the season and here I am posting about baseball AGAIN. Last night the Houston Astros lost to the L.A. Dodgers because the closing pitcher, Brad Lidge, gave up a grand slam homerun in the top of the 9th inning. Losing sucks and losing in this manner really sucks; especially for poor Brad Lidge.

What made me mad about the whole thing is that when the Dodgers got the hit, almost everyone cleared out of Minute Maid Park. What jerks! So what if your home team is losing. It is like a marriage, for better or worse. I cannot stand fair-weather fans who only want to back a winning team (like the French and die-hard Yankee fans). Even if the Astros were dead last I would be cheering them on. Now, so-called fans will bad-mouth Brad Lidge (as if they could pitch better). Brad Lidge is still the best closer in the game IMO and has saved 7 out of 8 games so far this season. His one loss was last night and it was a big loss. I would still rather have one big loss than several little losses like many other closers. Okay, my rant is over.

Go Astros!

5 Comments:

At 5:14 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

oh net mom i am so with you i am so upset at the braves and there bullpen dont even get me started.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

I am in complete agreeance ab. fair-weather fans--who needs them?! I know I fight a loosing battle as well, but I have to sheer for my Cleveland Indians and the Browns. (Talk ab. a lost cause)

Go Astros! ;-)

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

oh Etchen, I think the Indians are going to be in the playoffs. They are a good team. Detroit is just playing freakishly well. Now the Browns....well football isn't my specialty ;)

Ryan, the Braves will win their division just like always. The NYM can't possibly stay this hot all season. hopefully they can't.

here is the sad part my fellow baseball friends: I actually bought streaming video from MLB.com for the entire season so I can watch all the Astros games. Now that is a person with a sickness. My family has started hating baseball season.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Al said...

A local Mariners fan was disgusted with the team, but he couldn't get any one to buy his tickets. He finally went downtown near the stadium, put two tickets on the dashboard in plain sight rolled down the window and went for a walk. When he returned, there were five tickets.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

go astros - and go away spam comments ( you can check the moderate commenst option, it really works well with no word verification nonsense.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home