Wednesday, April 26, 2006

EEG Update and Contact Lenses

Mr. Daphnewood checked on M-boy's EEG. The results:NEGATIVE!!!! whoohoo! That means those few seizures he was having was only because he was sick and rundown. We'll see what his doctor says but usually they only prescribe meds for positive tests. This is really far off into the future but if M-Boy ever wants to drive, he cannot be diagnosed with a seizure disorder. He has several years before he even gets a learner's permit but I am always thinking ahead.


Yesterday, I went to get my contact lenses. I had let my Rx run out from Houston so I had to start from scratch. Our new eye doctor is possibly the best eye doc in America. He is very thorough, kind, patient, attentive and it doesn't hurt that he has gorgeous brown eyes. He dialated my eyes and then checked the "pressure". Just like brain surgery this is all foreign speakese to me. Apparently, my pressure was high. Then I had to get even more drops and let some cutie Doogie Howser tech tap my retina to see how thick they were. The good news was I do not have glaucoma nor am I considered high risk to get it. My mom has it but he said my eyes were rather healthy. The bad news is that my left eye is still sore from the abuse it went through yesterday which means I cannot wear my contact lenses yet. I want to wear them! I am sick of my glasses. Hopefully, by tonight my eyeball will be fine.

Don't you just love that word? Eyeball. It just rolls off the tongue.

9 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

net mom thanx 4 the advice on my blog and we r leaning toward that way since the tape was made only 4 us just wanted 2 throw it out there 2 get some feedback on it. i wear both but been wearing my glasses latley.

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Ryan, you must know that I have nothing but love for you and always will. No matter what, you can count on me in your corner. xoxo

 
At 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey-I just had to get a new eye glasses prescription and got the call this morning that they were ready. They are totally frameless which will be much different from what I have now. Wish I could do contacts but cannot stand the thought of putting anything smack on my eyes. Glad for the good results on your boy!

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

I should be wearing glasses or contacts, but am too lazy. It's only an issue if I'm driving at night...and since I don't have a car, no problem. It also means that I haven't had a new prescription in 5 years.

And great news about M-boy's test. I'm so pleased!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Congratulations on M-Boys' fantastic results!! That is wonderful news!

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger James Skala said...

Congrats on M-Boy's EEG results!

I wear my contacts at work, and when I go out; and my glasses at home.

"Eyeball." It does roll off the tongue! Pretty cool!

Sorry if that last bit didn't make sense. I've just finished working a 12-hour shift with very little sleep.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Yay for M-boy!!!

Too bad about the eyeball abuse, but YAY for cutie Doogie Howsers!

Did you know that Shakespeare was the first person to coin the term "eyeball".... true!

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

i could never even do the test, glaucoma be damned. I can't have ANYONE (incl. myself) near my eyes.

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always use good quality contact lenses.Visit once CouponAlbum site for finding quality contact lenses at reasonable price...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home