Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Getting Out of the House

I think I am going to take Little Man to see this group on friday. They play a variety of music and a cover of the song Baba O'Riley (CSI:NY theme). Since my son thinks that is one of the best songs ever and he likes Gary Sinise just as much as I do, I can't wait to see his face. I just hope kids are welcome. But if the whole show is a fundraiser for Iraqi children you would think it wouldn't be an adults only show. One never knows. What do you think? Do you think it would be fun for an 8 year old addicted to the joy of life?

6 Comments:

At 7:23 AM, Blogger Rick said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Now that is a sign of the Apocalypse... Gary Sinise in a rock band and Baba O'Riley reduced to a theme song. Better, in my opinion, to buy your son a copy of the Who's "Who's Next." But then, I'm a crusty old fart.

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Al said...

Sounds like a hoot to me!

 
At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like fun to me, and I'm sure it'd be fun for Little Man as well...and for you, too. I'd say go for it.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Now Rick, I only put "CSI:NY theme" because most people think the title of the song is 'teenage wasteland' (which they would be wrong too). So don't worry about the end of the world. It's not happening today ;)

Al, it sounds fun to me too. He had so much fun at the Christian summer fest. This would be his first night time concert.

Kim, I am going for it. I told Mouse she will be staying home with M-Boy just in case Mr. Daphnewood is late getting home. Teenagers aren't so bad at times

 
At 5:55 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

SA, Little Man collected school supplies for the kids in New Orleans when hurricane Katrina hit. He is excited about the concert. He loves the movie "The Stand" and I think he connects Gary Sinise with Stu Redman more than the CSI:NY role. However, Little Man still blurs the line between fantasy and reality. He asked me this morning if I thought "Tom Cullen" would be at the concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home