Monday, November 06, 2006

A Lack of Focus

I started writing this rant about people who sue hospitals over wait times. Why does everyone have to sue? It is crazy. Bankrupting your local hospital will not guaranteed better service next time folks. If you think Sweden, Cuba and Canada have the answer to health care you better think again. Cuba has had the same textbooks since 1950. Sweden and Canada have wait times longer than the US and you can't sue them. Okay, that is all I will say about that for now.

I will stick with a benign topic of hit counters. I put one up a few months after starting my blog. It has been well over a year but I chose a different type of hit counter. Most people count every time a person visits their blog. My hit counter is one that measures different IP addresses. I find it amazing that it still goes up everyday. Probably because Rick mentioned Brittany Bratt's boobs in one comment section. Thanks Rick! That and Brad Ausmus's (2006 Golden Glove Winner for catcher WTG Brad!) half-naked picture has been bringing them in. So what kind of hit counter do you all have?

***update***
I have been getting phone call after phone call for the past week. Do you want to know who called me? Let's see, former senator Bob Dole called me encouraging me to vote for his friend ______, I hung up before I could hear his name. Some lady asking me to re-elect her also called. My neighbor Tom called me too asking me to vote for some other poor soul. And just now Senator John McCain called me! Can you believe it? Isn't John McCain in freakin Arizona?! These were all pre-recorded massages of course. I live in Kansas and I am not savvy on Kansas politics yet. I am not going to vote tomorrow because I just don't know anyone and would probably do more harm than good. Normally, I would just check the republican box for the candidates I am not aware of but here in KS, some republicans are FREAKS. That idiot hatemonger, crashing soldiers funerals comes to mind. However, I am registered. I suspect that is how so many "people" have my phone number. Lesson learned. Come next election I will be ready and actually vote.

3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Rick said...

My web host gives us Webalizer, which keeps track of IP addresses AND hits, though I don't put much stock in the latter. Even the IP info seems to be all over the map, so I'm not sure any of it is worth a crap. Eh. Who cares?

Hillary Clinton called me a month ago, Washington state's governor on Sunday, and Robert Redford called my wife last week. Robert Redford???? WTF???

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad we changed our telephone number a month ago!!!!!

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just please please don't tell us your life stories when we call you and it's a real person...cause having done those calls for six years- we.don't.care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home