Thursday, November 30, 2006

My Favorite Holiday Movies





I like holiday movies. I am not picky and will watch just about anything. A Christmas Story is great, as is It's A Wonderful Life. But two movies I HAVE to watch every Christmas. The first one is a kid's movie but I still love it.



The Muppet Christmas Carol stars all the muppets and Michael Caine as Scrooge. Gonzo makes a wonderful narrator. This movie makes me laugh and I like the songs. We sing the opening song about Scrooge at each other whenever one of us isn't acting very joyous. This has been a regular in our house since Mouse and M-Boy were very small.


The other favorite film of mine is While You Were Sleeping starring Sandra Bullock Bill Pullman. This movie makes me laugh every single time I watch it. Not many movies can do that to the extent that this film does. Why do I find it so funny? My family is a lot like this family. We have the crazy "disagreements" and someone who is always cooking trying to make everyone happy. And we are close. Just like this family. Marry one of us, you marry us all.

So what are your favorite holiday movies?

6 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

I've never thought of While You Were Sleeping as holiday flick for some reason, but it totally is! In college it was one of our "sleeping movies"--movies we left playing at night that were light and airy enough to fall asleep to without having to worry about having creepy dreams.

I love watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles on Thanksgiving.

I'm also a sucker for Christmas Vacation.

And Scrooged.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Al said...

I was appalled to find that not a single TV channel played Miracle on 34th Street on Thanksgiving.
A Christmas Story is a must see, but Christmas isn't Christmas without It's A Wonderful Life.

 
At 5:52 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

my favorite christmas movie is national lampoon's christmas vacation. sending u a hug net mom (((hug)))

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Rick said...

I have a 60th Anniversary Edition of It's A Wonderful Life on DVD... sitting on my shelf right now! I'm waiting for the appropriate moment, closer to Christmas, when I've absolutely HAD IT with humanity.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

a bit of the renegade here, I don't like Miracle or ?th street, Christmas Story, Vacation xmas, etc. So what are my Christmas movies??

Die Hard 1 and 2 (Christmas time) and Leathal Weapon (2?) . they have xmas music. Other than those, it would be Field of Dream because of the hope for new future.

Yeah, I'm messed up. Ha!

 
At 1:52 PM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

The Muppets Christmas Carol is far too good to be called juat a kids movie! I watch it at least once every Christmas season

 

Post a Comment

<< Home