Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Flipside

Here is latest in my life. I know, headline news, right?

  • I am pissed Roy Oswalt got overlooked for the Cy Young award AGAIN.
  • I am glad he makes way more money than the guy who did win. We know who is the better pitcher and that is why RoyO makes the big bucks.

  • Today is Mr. Daphnewood's b-day. We are going to eat chicken and dumplings for dinner and pineapple upside down cake for dessert.
  • I am pissed because he is still in surgery and will probably miss his own b-day dinner.

  • I have been working like a dog for the past 2 days and not had much time to blog or anything selfish :(
  • I am glad I had so much fun this weekend. Besides the concert I saw two movies:Stranger Than Fiction & Driving Lessons.

  • My scanner is just about dead from getting worked so hard. I am pissed it only lasted a year.
  • The flipside is that my boss is buying me a new one, price not an issue. whoohoo!

10 Comments:

At 4:50 PM, Blogger Rick said...

The Mariners sucked so bad this year I lost track of baseball around April 28th. We're hoping they'll suck less next year. In fact, I'm hoping they'll make that their motto: "Seattle Mariners, we suck less."

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Rick, "say WA?" I still crack up over that motto. Maybe the Mariners will take you up on that team slogan. I am worried that the stinking Cubs are making so many moves this early. Why can't my Astros get moving and sign some big bats?

 
At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a linkswap? I'm linking you up right now!

K?

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Kunstemaecker, sounds great! I added you just now.

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

happy b-day net daddy! hehe!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

sounds like you need a day for Daphne. Forget about everyone else for a while alnd be a little selfish.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me the whole blog to get the point...but well written!

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, that birthday dinner sounds marvelous! Hope it was a great birthday for him. Hang in there!

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Ryan, I will pass on the good wishes. Thanks!

Rowan, I won't be able to do that for a while. But as soon as I can, I plan on ditching them all for a day. muhahaha!

SA, I am so jealous! Actually the very first Astros game I ever attended (at the Astrodome) I met Jeff Bagwell during batting practice. I didn't know who he was but I thought he had the bluest eyes I had ever seen. I just love the Houston Astros. I am sad this is Biggio's last year:(

Nettie, I usually write my titles after I write a post. I was just trying to show both sides of the story.

Vickie, the dinner was good but of course Mr. Daphnewood missed it. He had to eat his reheated as usual. This is just and extra busy month for his department. Oh well, he still has 2 weeks of vacation coming before July 1st.

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to look at things from both sides!

*hug*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home