Saturday, December 09, 2006

Apocalypto Movie Review

Mr. D and I went out to see Apocalypto today. I had heard about Mel Gibson's unfortunate drunken tirade and how many people would be boycotting this film. I am a believer in boycotts as a peaceful way to express disproval. *cough* Dixie Chicks *cough* However, I have been around several drunks in my time and know that alcohol has a way of twisting a situation. So, I held no bad feelings towards the man. I am glad that was the case because I would have missed out. This movie was terrific. From the moment it began I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen. The subtitles were not long and much of the story was told through actions and expressions of the actors. It was AWESOME. I had also heard people say the gore was over the top. I didn't think so. War movies are always full of gore. One scene has blood spraying from a man's head which I thought was ridiculous like Monty Python or something but Mr. D says that wound was totally believable to him because he sees that weekly. I loved the scenery and I chewed my nails down to nothing. Would Jaguar Paw make it back to his family? Would he die? I loved this movie. I am not lying when I say that this is probably Mel Gibson's best film yet. I liked it better than Braveheart.

If you saw the film, please tell me what you thought about it. Did you like it? If you haven't seen it, do you want to?

6 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie is about how the white man was God's punishment for Central America's barbarism.

 
At 3:07 AM, Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I too wouldn't let Mel's unfortunate tirade keep me from seeing this, but I can't I enjoyed it nearly as much as you did .. the gore that just kept piling up was so disgusting that it just numbed me to whatever he may have been going for with this one

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Wow, I had no idea. I just thought it was an overly-hyped National Geographic flick. I may have to give it a chance... eventually.

 
At 4:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

i havent seen it just havent been in the mood 4 much maybe c it when it comes out on dvd.

 
At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I've never been a big Mel Gibson fan at any point, nor am I much into realistic war stuff, so it's unlikely that I'll see it. But I am looking forward to seeing things in advance of their Danish releases when I'm in Calif.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home