Monday, December 18, 2006

Where Is Mary Poppins When You Need Her?

So I try to keep the "turn your work into a game" frame of mind. It just isn't helping. I want to just sit in front of the fireplace, drink hot cocoa and read a good book. Here is what I have been doing instead.

  • buying the few little presents I have left to get for family members
  • Picking up M-Boy from school because he is STILL sick. I also forgot to call the bus company to let them know he wouldn't be riding the bus. I am prepared to get chewed out tomorrow.
  • Cleaning the house in anticipation for a sole house guest.
  • Making sugar cookies
  • Making toffee
  • putting triple antibiotic ointment on my left breast that I burned with boiling water.

Where's my spoonful of sugar, dammit?!

7 Comments:

At 6:42 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Buying Christmas presents? Making cookies and toffee? Sounds like fun! Okay, but got to ask the obvious: Why were you boiling your breast?? ;)

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

FH, you got me laughing. Yeah, I should clarify that, huh? I accidently spilled some boiling water onto my boob. Our microwave is above the counter and I am kind of short. I jerked a dish that was filled with hot water and SPLASH! Little Man said "did you burn your milk products?!"

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Owie!!! Feel better, miss!

 
At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A burned boobie, eh? Yeesh. I remember last year when I spilled boiling water all over my hands. I've been through a lot of pain, but that was a totally new brand of pain. And as a writer, I definetely needed my hands to type! I spent the rest of the day with one hand in the air, burning away, while typing with the other hand.

I'll be praying for your boobie.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Al said...

The spoon full of sugar is on the shelf right next to the bottle of whisky.... Er cough syrup.

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh OUCH! I have burned half way up my arms before on the oven door but never anything as sensitive as "that." Oh man, I hope you are alright! I did however, totally burn myself out last week Christmas shopping while on vacation. I do a lot of craft work and make a lot of my gifts, but I also have to purchase some. I think everyone else and their brother were on vacation too and went to the same darn stores I did, only beat me to the checkout line. I am so Grinchy right now.

 
At 5:59 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

hey net mom got your email and best gay blog finally put up your comment thanx so much! u so rock but thats why we love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home