Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Doctor Dorkology

Everyone knows that doctors have their own language. It sounds like english but isn't quite english. Being married to a doctor means that sometimes I have to translate what my husband is saying into regular english. This weekend Mr. Daphnewood was rubbing his arm and making a fist with his hand over and over again.

Daphne: What's wrong babe? Did your hand fall asleep?
Mr. D: No, I have a neuropraxia.
Daphne: A neuropraxia?
Mr. D: it is when a nerve gets temporarily compressed causing reversible numbness. Probably my C7 because my middle finger is the most numb.
Daphne: sooooo.....your hand fell asleep, right?
Mr. D: uh, yeah.

He has to wake up pretty early in the morning to pull one over on me

5 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Heh. I must have one of those at the base of my brain.

 
At 9:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was pretty cute, Daph. But you are one smart cookie!

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I can relate my Lumbar #4 is screwed right up as is my cervica occiput.

*waves* HI! I popped in!

Don't you just love it when men think they sound all big and important? LOL

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Al said...

Every profession is like a secret club. It has its initiation rites, provable by the special papers (Diploma) and its own secret language. Here at work we have entire conversations that don't containd any English except for connectives and adjectives,

 
At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!

I love it!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home