Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Bittersweet Holiday

I had a really great Christmas with my family. The kids got spoiled, I got spoiled and I got to drink wine with my dinner since we were just staying in. We got back from Houston on Christmas eve just in time to pick up my niece from the airport. It really was a great celebration but it was a little bit darkened by the happenings in Houston. I want to spill my heart out onto this blog about it but I need to respect the privacy of all involved. A brief summary is that Mr. Daphnewood's brother is bad off and Mr. D was the one to tell him how many months he has left to live. Imagine having to tell your brother he is going to die. I just ask that everyone keep my brother-in-law in your prayers. We are praying for a miracle and some good news when he goes to MD Anderson this week.

On a more positive note, my BIL got to go home and spend Christmas with his family. He reported to us that it was the best Christmas ever. I am so glad for that.

5 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Rick said...

I could've used some family this year. Alas, wait'll next, I guess.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Al said...

Poor Mr D. That had to be tough. Glad you had a good time with your family. We spent Christmas day at home with just me and Mrs A. and V.

Not the best Christmas, but it could have been a lot worse.

 
At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what sad news...my thoughts are with you and yours.

 
At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just read through all your blog that i'm discovering right now. I'm so glad to learn to know you. I'm a French mother of 5 (among whom a Down syndrom son and also a very disabled son) yet we enjoy very happy family links and gatherings (3 of our children were adopted, among whom those who have mental and physical problems). I have my own blog written both in French and English, so maybe you would enjoy to read it from time to time, so that you may learn about our family, my activities and my area. Please leave a comment when you visit me, so that I can answer you. God bless you and also your brother in law.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

praying for your BIL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home