Friday, January 12, 2007

Movie Review: The Painted Veil

In a nutshell: A doctor takes his adulterous wife to the China countryside in 1925 to treat a village suffering from a cholera outbreak.

Well I did enjoy this film except for the ending. It happened quickly and then summed up everything in like 30 seconds. I am trying to block out the ending and make up my own story in my mind. The scenery was GORGEOUS and the actors were really good (how can you ever be disappointed with Edward Norton?!) but it was kind of slow. Overall though, the love story was sweet and real to me. They weren't the perfect people and had to learn how to overlook foibles in each other like we all have. Too often Hollywood forgets that people are not perfect. It was a beautiful movie. Too bad the ending sucked.

2 Comments:

At 4:10 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Lemme guess. She died?

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

LOL Rick! Nah she didn't die and death doesn't make a movie bad. This movie just was going along at a slow pace and then suddenly it ended. It was like they cut out a lot at the end to make the movie shorter. That is why I am making up my own ending in this crazy mind of mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home