Thursday, February 15, 2007

Gross Or Cute?

Valentine's Day passed in a blur due to the festivities of M-Boy's b-day on the 13th. However, Little Man was sure to give me a "special" Valentine. First, there was the handmade card. Inside there was a picture of a brain on the left side with the words "smart daddy" underneath and then on the right side a picture of a heart with the the words "sweet mommy" underneath. Oh, I do not mean the cutesiepie hearts that surround cartoon images of Cupid. This heart was like the one in your chest with veins and arteries everywhere that actually was pretty graphic for an 8 year old. He said "Daddy is the brain and you are the heart. Our family is like a body." What a sweet kid, huh? Then he handed me this plastic baggie with a used q-tip, a toenail and a few strands of hair. He handed it over to me with this huge smile and eager look in his eye like he was giving me the best treasure the planet had to offer. I asked him "what is all this stuff?" He said, "it's my DNA. I am giving you my DNA so you can always keep it close." How would you respond? I just hugged him tight and thanked him for such a thoughtful gift. It was kind of gross but I feel so loved.

7 Comments:

At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your kid is great. He deserved that big hug!

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Rick said...

Too much CSI, if ya ask me...

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Oh my gosh! Did he come up with that himself?? That's brilliant.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. His DNA. ohmyword!!!! funny!

I think I would have thanked him too... and laughed because HE'S SUCH A SMARTY PANTS!!!! But your kids are all smart, though. :-)

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger FindingHeart said...

Yup, definately a medical family. Ha!! Just be glad it's 8 yr old boy DNA and not 16 yr old boy DNA. Ewwww. LOL

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

That is a fabulous gift. Gross, but very cool. And happy belated birthday to M-Boy.

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I actually think this is the best present a child could give you! He certainly is a little man huh? Quite a character already! Give him an extra hug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home