Sunday, June 05, 2005

Summerfest

So I have been busy and not blogging as you can all tell. I have not even had the chance to catch up on my favorite fellow bloggers sites just yet. Although I did peek at a few. So here goes the synopsis of my past few days. They have been amazing. I went to a summerfest in north Houston. It is a Christian event, 2 days of non-stop bands and Texas heat. Frankly, I could have done without the heat. If you have never been to a music festival before, I recommend the KSBJ Summer festival because I did not have some guy smoking weed in front of me getting me sick from his fumes nor did I have the loud drunk redneck behind me spilling his beer all over my back. Yes, this has happened to me before at Amnesty International 1986 in L.A. during Peter Gabriel and U2 respectively. Anyway, I enjoyed the time with my kids because it wasn't like a huge church service. In fact, they had a big push for World Vision which I think is a good organization. I only ran into a few of those self-righteous individuals [Spencer-you fired 2 of these types a few days ago] who needed to re-read Romans chapter 2. I wish I could put everything into words that could really sum up the experience but I am not feeling very articulate tonight. I will try my best here: I left the festival in love with Jesus and all the people of the world. I am often criticized for my affliation with homosexuals, people of non-christian faiths and my love for the science world. I know now, there is a place for me in God's kingdom. He has commanded us to love Him first and then love our neighbors as we love ourselves. So, I kept hearing this phrase "the radical message of Jesus" and I think that is just what I am. One of his radical servants and I can deal with that. Here are a few pictures from our fun. Seriously folks, look into some Christian music. It is really not given its due: Skillet (head-banger music) Kutless (alternative type) Hawk Nelson (sounds like Blink 182 to me) David Crowder (praise music with a kick AND he is my new favorite person) Newsboys (listen the the song 'shine' it is fantastic)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

5 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a major good time there hon. Heat? What's that? We've had even more rain here and I'm still wearing pants from the cold. If I were a flasher at this point in life I would have to describe myself to whoever I was flashing its so cold.
Keep looking for that message you hear. You'll be surprised how close you are to it and where it comes from.
Hugs,
k

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

K, Texas has an abundance of heat. I was so hot on day one that I almost puked up my breakfast. I can't wait for the cooler climate of KC. Spencer, you can hang with me anytime. I want details about Def Leppard this weekend! hugs to you both

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Daphne,
Romans 2- That is the one that says, 'Judge not lest ye yourself be judged by the same measure,' right? That's my favorite verse in the whole Bible.
I always think of the people that Jesus spent time with, took meals with, visited. The rabbis criticized him for it, but he defended the ones that the rabbis thought were 'lesser people' ...
Have you ever read The Ragamuffin Gospel? I bet you'd like it. I really loved it, but I practically cried through the whole thing. It was awe-some.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

you pegged it Sunny! I have never read The Ragmuffin Gospel. I'll look into though. Thanks!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Daphne your heart is so big. God bless you in your ministry of loving others as Jesus loves them.

This music fest sounds like a wonderful time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home