Monday, September 26, 2005

Movie Review: Corpse Bride

My daughter is a big Tim Burton fan. That just tickles me because I liked Tim Burton when I was around her age (remember the Beetlejuice doll?) She begged me to take her to see this new movie Corpse Bride. We just got back and I had a great time. It is such a Tim Burton plot; dead people with living people problems. The characters of the parents are done so well. I laughed out loud several times. However, while watching it, it made me wonder if kids would really like this. Small children wouldn't as we have taught them to be afraid of skeletons but Little-man (my youngest son) really enjoyed the movie. I still think it is a movie though for Tim Burton lovers. Other people will see the topic as odd. So if you like the colors blue and gray and don't mind gross clay figures (i.e. maggots in drag make-up and head waiters that are only heads carried by roaches) you'll like this movie. Especially if you are a Danny Elfman fan. The music was very fun.

6 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Sounds great! - I saw the trailer for it when I was in Calif, just before it came out there...and then saw the trailer here in DK because it will be coming here in a month or so.

I like both Burton and Elfman, so I'm looking forward....

 
At 7:42 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I've been wanting to see this, almost as much as my daughter.

 
At 10:48 AM, Blogger Mike said...

I love Tim Robbins movies

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Mousie has wanted to see it forever, it's good you took he. ^_^ I can't wait to be able o see it myself. It's already out I might end up with the DVD though.

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

Glad you liked it and had fun mom and daughter time!

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

I just di dmy first real movie review. Dew drop inn and give it a read!
Bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home