Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Awesome

I am happier than a pig in mud. The Houston Astros won but you should not be surprised by that since I told you yesterday they would win. Never doubt my feelings. I get them so rarely and when I was in Target I just had this feeling come over me like not only would the Astros win on wednesday night but they would dominate the game. And look what happened? The first World Series ever for Texas. What moment made me the the happiest you ask? Watching Biggio and Bagwell hug each other after the game. Team mates for 15 years (all in Houston) and they are going to the World Series together. Chicago here we come!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

image taken from Houston Chronicle
photographer Melissa Phillip

9 Comments:

At 2:45 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Congratulations! One of my first thoughts when I got up this morning (somewhere between 'Why do I have to go to work so early?' and 'I wonder if I have time for breakfast') was 'must check Daphnewood's site to see if they made it to the Series'! That was probably about 5 minutes before you posted this.

I am happy and excited for you, and for me...I am not usually motivated by sports unless I have someone to root, root, root for...and thanks to you I do. Go, Astros, Go!

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Kim, I am glad you are rooting for the Astros (in Houston they just call them 'Stros as if the south needs more lazy slang). This should be an awesome World Series because each team finds themselves in a situation they have never been in before. I know the Chicago White Sox have been there but that was before the Astros were even formed as a team. fun fun fun!

Dave, number 45 is Mike Gallo. Hmmmm....another Mike. You just seemed drawn to Mikes, don't you? I think the cutest player on the Astros is Brandon Backe (a local boy from Galveston). I'll post his picture, I am sure, during this week.

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo! Go Astros!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Woo hoo!!!

Sending hugs Miss Daph :)
Have a great week/ weekend :)

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

Jason was very happy about that too. He is forever and always a big fan of our Cincinnati Reds, though.

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Mike said...

Me and Ryan are for the Astros all the way Net Mom:)

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

AWESOME!!!!! How exciting!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Eunuch said...

Booooo! No, seriously, Houston played a fabulous division series, and deserve it (begrudgingly). ;-(

- Signed: A Die-Hard Cards Fan

On Out!

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger M. Damian McNicholl said...

The mayor has ordered Houstonites??? not to wear socks until the series ends. That city will sure reek, me thinks.
It's nice to see lesser known teams in the series. I get fed uip of the Yankees nearly always being one of the teams. I love the Yankees, but too much success breeds arrogance.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home