Monday, October 17, 2005

Being In Love

It is amazing to me that a woman of my age can still feel like a giggling school girl with a crush. Especially over a man that I have been married to for nearly 15 years. He is immature at times. He is immature most of the time but can get me to smile when I least expect it. Going grocery shopping with him is always an adventure. I never know when I will get smacked in the bottom with a pepperoni for every security camera in the store to see. He puts things like garlic stuffed olives in the cart or sardines with mustard sauce and crumbled bleu cheese to 'snack on'. Who eats that crud?! Then he likes to chase me saying things like "you never kiss me anymore!" Why do I laugh? I just encourage him with my complaining and laughter. I try not to laugh but I can't help it. I wonder if I will ever stop feeling this way around him. Here is just a glimpse of the man I married so you can see what I deal with everyday. While waiting to go to dinner he told M-boy this story about patience. M-boy did not like waiting for the baseball game to be over and was acting very impatient so Mr. Daphnewood opens up a bible on the bookshelf and the following conversation ensued:

Mr. Daphnewood: you need to be patient
M-Boy: but why? I am hungry
Mr. Daphnewood: because patience is a virtue. It says right here in the bible (opens the book)
"once upon a time there was a donkey and he was NOT patient. So everyone called him an ass. He did not live happily ever after. The end"
M-Boy:Daddy!

I know I should be shocked that he teaches our children such things but I just laughed. Sometimes being in love really clouds good judgement but it feels GREAT!

8 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

I hope if I am ever married, I have a marriage like yours. Feelings of giddiness afer 15 years--now that is a wonderful thing!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I'd have given anything for "us" to have EVER felt like that. We've never had that sort of relationship

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

And why can't us 30-somethings act like giggly schoolgirls? Acting like that is fun. As we say in my circles (and probably most circles), you have clearly found a keeper.

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger tara said...

hee hee! how cute!

it simply amazes me that my boy can get me down to that giggly girl within seconds.. glad your marriage has what it takes!

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

He didn't actually tell M-Boy that? XD Takes him to do that. And it's good you're still very much in love and at the giggly stages. ^_^ Love ya!

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

Daphne I hope you NEVER stop feeling that way and that he never stops making you feel that way! That is just adorable. You're right, men may be immature, but when it's your man, sometimes that's what makes him so devilishly irristible. :)

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

funny! good luck tonight net mom i know they will win!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

1. Go Astros!

2. My hubby does the same thing in the grocery store! Like if I raise my hands above my head to grab a can off a shelf, he cops a feel. Total perv, and all I do is giggle and swat at him, which is only encouraging!

3. Love the story about patience. He sounds like a gem and you're so blessed by each other!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home