Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Hope

I cannot believe how much I am getting into this World Series stuff. Kimananda told me that it is so much worse when your team gets into the series and loses. The Astros had never been the National League champs (thus meaning going to the World Series) so to me, this is just one more step. I remember saying "I just want them to get there. They don't have to win, just make it there." Okay, I lied. Well not intentionally because I truly felt that at the time but now I want them to WIN. I dislike Chicago more and more each day and mostly because they keep saying how well that team is playing and how crappy the Astros are playing. And now for the fact that Craig Biggio's wife got slapped by a Chicago fan. I thought at first it didn't matter because both teams are totally disrespected. Well the sports world likes the White Sox better but come next season the Chicago Cubs will be the favored team. They get no respect at home. That is even sadder than the Astros situation. Houston loves the Astros. There is no other team to split fealty (I love that word and not really appropriate for baseball but had to use it). So tonight I have hope in Roy Oswalt. He is the MVP that shut down the St. Loius Cardinals, the biggest winning team in both leagues. Go Roy and go Astros! I still bee-lieve!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

you two are so cute for trying. Thank you Dave and Michael for just being there for me. I couldn't ask for anything more. kisses to you both!

and you'll be relieved to know baseball is over this weekend no matter who wins or loses

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

I've got all of my fingers and toes crossed!

 
At 2:11 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

GO ASTROOOOOOOSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home