Thursday, November 10, 2005

Flashback Friday: Galveston Island 2003

Image hosted by Photobucket.com



I know I have been posting a lot of pictures of my kids but I had to share this one. This picture is one of my all time favorites because it is proof of a fantastic day. The picture is Little Man taken within 30 seconds of him getting his shoes off. It was the very first time he ever saw the ocean. He had been to a beach a few years before when he was a baby but this was the first time he could process it all. We went to NASA that day and I decided to drive the extra 45 minutes south so I could show the kids the water. I will always remember how excited and happy he was at that moment. Growing up in CA makes one spoiled for dark blue water and soft sand so Galveston looked dirty to me. But after one look at that water, he threw up his arms in the air and laughed and squealed with joy. At that moment, Galveston became my favorite beach. He was soaked within five minutes but I didn't care. I don't know if he will remember that day but I know I will NEVER forget it.

4 Comments:

At 5:59 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

Reading this gave me such chills. You are the most amazing mom, with such a heart for your babies and your man and passion for LIFE.

**hugs**

I should be so lucky to be "you" when I grow up. :-)

(Aren't we very close to the same age? hehe)

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

This is the most amazing kid pic. You can feel the excitement radiating from it. Does he still love the ocean?

 
At 8:05 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Jay, whenever I sit and really think about this day I don't get chills, I cry. I was so happy I cried! How lame is that?! Little Man took one look at God's wonder and celebrated with his young but huge heart. Something that had become mundane to me was magical to him. Kids are the true teachers in this world.

Kim, Little Man is my ocean lover. A few months after this picture I took him to the beach for the whole day. He got stung by a jellyfish and didn't cry. I thought that would be the end of his love for the water but no way. After the sting healed he was ready to go back. I saw a movie called "Blast from the Past" with Brendan Fraser. There is a part where he sees the ocean for the first time. Watch that and you will know just what Little Man was like that day. Amazing.

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

First time I saw the ocean, I was 11yo, and I was in teh carribean....I guess others can take it for granted if they are near one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home