Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Solin's Observation

One morning sitting around our table, Solin and her brother brought up the topic of putting cheese and chocolate on food. They had decided that every type of food there is can have either cheese or chocolate added to make it taste better. Now some of us do not like cheese or chocolate (or maybe they are just allergic) but I really had a hard time thinking of something that people do not add cheese or chocolate. It doesn't mean you prefer broccoli smothered in cheese, only that it can be done and wouldn't be unheard of. Drinks don't count. Lets just name a few.

popcorn- lots of cheese on cheddar corn isn't there?
rice- cheesy rice and broccoli casserole
steak- yes some people would add cheese to that and I think virtually any meat has been combined with cheese at some point
rice crispies- cocoa crispies are on the market
green beans- some will add cheese
mexican flan- drizzle it with chocolate syrup

the only thing I could think of were some Asian dishes but even those could have some hard cheese put into them to test it out. So can you think of anything? Think about what you ate today. Maybe some oatmeal (add chocolate chips once in a while) for breakfast or scrambled egg (American cheese blended in). Maybe lunch was a salad (sprinkled with parmesan cheese). Snack time was an apple (cheese and chocolate both go with this). It is mind boggling. So I challenge you all to fill my comment box with suggestions. I am not creative enough and my head hurts ;)

8 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Hey, that's cool. You can add cheese or chocolate to any food! Now, drinks are another thing...how about a nice juicy, cheesy orange juice. Anyone?

In our house, our working theory is that garlic and tabasco can be added to any non-dessert food.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

hmmm, yeah, I dunno!
I hadn't really thought of it, and I'm not very big into chocolate, but I even occassionally sneak some chocolate sauce in my coffee or even on my food! Ya know, chocolate was originally used as an aphrodaisiac (sure you already knew) and was most often used on things like ordinary meals as a sauce, and it is wonderful to eat on chicken, potatoes, peas, etc...lovely.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

kimananda- ewwwwwwww! nasty! :-)

Daphne...... WOW!! You're right. There's nothing you can't add one or the other to. And right again about Asian dishes, but hey! parmesan wouldn't be all that bad, would it?

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger Ryan said...

when i was younger and didnt like something i would drown it with ketchup seem 2 work 4 me but this idea is much better.

net mom thanx 4 just being u!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I dunno, if you suggested to my parents that you could add cheese to chinese food, they might pass out. ;) Cheese (or milk in general) is a very new concept in Chinese food. I remember feeling very sorry for a friend because, when we were little girls, she moved to China and back then they didn't have ice cream yet.

I JUST started eating cheese this year. (I ate it as a child, but then I got lactose intolerant and my scoliosis diet said I shouldn't have any.) I have said TO HELL WITH IT! Life's too short not to enjoy good cheese.

P.S. dark chocolate! mmm...oh and I've been eating lindor chocolate truffles all week. I'm surprised I can still fit through the door.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Sangroncito! Have you never had pineapple at a chocolate fondue party? or Pineapple with Canadian bacon on pizza? People do eat it but it was a good try.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Whisper said...

Lol! Mum, Isee we've started something. xD I've gone into this soo much before.. I can't think of anything without being proven wronge. xD

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Air travel airline tickets india Order xenical support Free clip art of football offensive line Stage and sports audio charlotte Ncaa football stadiums Sports chic Parallel imports radar detectors new zealand Sports running waches Free lana big boobs http://www.florida-timeshare-1.info Adderall and abuse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home