Monday, November 14, 2005

I Used to be Cool

This weekend Mr. Daphnewood and I were browsing through one of those dollar stores that are independently owned. It was a very clean place (SHOCKING) but empty. I think we were the only customers in the store. The music was playing overhead and a song came on that I like. Mr. Daphnewood and I have very different tastes when it comes to music so I was sort of being sarcastic (but not in a mean way) when I said "I bet you don't know who sings this song" He just laughed at me and said "I bet you're right. Knowing you, it is probably some weird guy." I told him with authority that the group that sang the song was called Better Than Ezra. That is when the clerk broke out in applause. He was clapping and said "wow! I am impressed! You knew who sang that song." I was thinking, not only do I know who sings it but I know the name of the song (Good) and like others by them such as Rosealia and Desperately Wanting (one of the best songs of all time btw). I mean, gosh, why was the guy so impressed that I knew? Maybe I couldn't pick the band members out of a crowd but I like the music. I might not look it anymore, but I used to be cool.

7 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

And you still are cool. Yes, it's true.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I think it's just those any younger than us by 5 years or more, think there is no way we're still cool unless we dress a lot younger than our age...yuck

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

what I meant to say was: it happens to me all the time too, pay it no mind.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Hey, I agree with kimananda--you still are cool!

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

You're still cool!

:-)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

You're cool in MY book!

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger tara said...

don't let the cool go to your head

cause that would be uncool

..or something..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home