Thursday, October 27, 2005

Tooth Fairy Tales

Little Man lost a tooth last week or so. It was on a night that his dad was on call so he wanted to save until he could show Daddy his tooth. This is the 6th tooth Little Man has lost but he still wanted to show his dad that he pulled it out all by himself. Of course the poor kid lost the tooth quicker than you can say Sam Houston and has been looking for it ever since. Being one of those moms that doesn't like her kids to miss out, I decided to offer Little Man the money that the "Tooth Fairy" would normally leave him. When he found the tooth he had to give it to me so I could put it under my pillow to get my money back. Here is how our conversation went

Me: Little Man, I was thinking that I would give you the money for your tooth and when you find it, give it to me. That way I can put it under my pillow to get my money back. This way you can still have some money to go shopping with.

Little Man: that sounds good. I know I will find it.

Me: So how much money does the Tooth Fairy leave you? ( I always leave $5)

Little Man : (thinking to himself) uh, she leaves me 10 bucks.

Me: (laughing because I know he is fibbing) 10 bucks! She leaves you 10 bucks?! Are you sure that is right?

Little Man: (giving me a face that every mom learns as 'trying to pull one over on you' face) yeah, Mommy, she leaves me 10 bucks.

my entire family is laughing now because we know he is trying to pull a fast one and he is aware now he is caught.

Me: I think she leaves you five dollars. That is what you got last week, remember?

Little Man: okay okay, she gives me 5 but I wish she would give me 10. It is a good tooth too. No cavities or anything. Maybe I can write her a note to leave 10 dollars this time. I want to buy a combination lock and you said they cost about 10 dollars.

Me: Well maybe we can work something out.

I am such a sucker.

5 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

5 bucks! When I was little, I only ever got a quarter a tooth! I feel so old. :-( Little Man sounds very cute. :-)

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

me too, a quarter here.
My kids get whatever change I happen to have lying about....first tooth I think I gave 5 bucks though, it was a monumentous occasion

 
At 1:05 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

My goodness! How do parents ever stay strong in the face of such cuteness?! I will never survive. :)

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

The tooth fairy bargains? man, why didn't I know this earlier...I could have asked for so much more than my $1 and the toothbrush & floss she always left me! Arrrgghhh. (He sounds so cute-I would have melted at the conversation and given in on the $10) So am I to assume his note worked ont eh tooth fairy? Tee-hee.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

What a great kid!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home