Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday and Baseball

Today is Good Friday. I never really understand why they call it "good" when it was the day Jesus was crucified. Anyone ever watched "The Passion of the Christ"? Yeah, not a good day at all. But, as my beliefs go, Jesus went willingly so we could spend eternity with him. Some of the world's people seem undeserving of this but the reality is that WE ARE ALL UNDESERVING. My prayer for the Easter weekend is that my Christian friends make a little room in their heart for non-christians because God loves them just as much as He loves us. And my other prayer for the weekend is that my non-christian friends could see Jesus in someone's life (hopefully mine) and realize Jesus isn't looking to change anyone, just love them.

I also will be following baseball rather closely this weekend. In San Francisco yesterday my Astros played a double header. They lost the first game 3-5 but kicked some major butt in the second game 8-0. Roy Oswalt pitched 8 and 1/3 innings. That is almost the entire game! He was smokin' yesterday. So Kim and Sangroncito (my SF friends) we split the series. Not bad for a compromise, eh?

3 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Al said...

Astro's? Wasn't Astro the dog on The Jetsons?

Go Mariners!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

Yep, a pretty good compromise!

Happy Easter!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

excellent sentiments daphne, I think your god and mine are one and the same certainly. I too believe he loves everyone equally.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home