Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Secret Happiness

I secretly like when Mr. Daphnewood talks in his "medical language". Last night he came home in the middle of the night even though he was on call. He decided to take a chance and try to sleep a little. Of course the pager went off around 3am and he in his groggy state called the hospital. Immediately when he was connected to the nurse that was paging him, he lost all tiredness and fell into this rhythmic dialogue of issuing orders. He handled the situation so professionally and in a world I do not understand. When I first met Mr. Daphnewood he was a diamond in the rough. He was a crude Texan and I had more education than him with only a single year of college under my belt at the time of our meeting. Most of my family had objections to our pending marriage. Only my mother and one aunt (my beloved roo) stood by me, trusting my judgment. Mr. Daphnewood and I are still married (15 years now) and very happy. And seeing him speak in this language in the middle of the night brings me such secret happiness because it shows how far he has come. He has made his dreams happen. He is living them now with me by his side. Can it really get any better than this?

5 Comments:

At 5:55 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Can it get better than this? I'm sure that it will continue to get better as you continue together. But, it sounds very good so far!

And, on a related note, it is so odd to hear the ones we love in the roles that they lead outside of their lives with us. Especially when we get to see them work their way into those outside roles. Does that make any sense?

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

awesome post net mom! look at net dad he so rock net moms world!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Jenny said...

So awesome, my friend!!!!!

I always like it when my hubby says tire specs, like:

p 255 50 r 18's

It always makes me happy when he is having fun talking about things he likes (cars).

You two are awesome for working hard TOGETHER to make both of your dreams come true. ROCK ON!!!

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

I love that YOU love so much. It inspires me.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Oh my God. I think that would be huge huge turn on indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home