Tuesday, May 02, 2006

A New Day

Well last night I got a little heated and passionate about certain "things". I have read all of your comments and appreciate the honesty of them all. Leave it to Spencer to mediate with promises of drinks and a hot tub soak. Love ya, Spence! I backed down a bit today and have decided to make my voice heard through my vote. I have not voted here in Kansas just yet but I did register almost 2 months ago. Rowan, the foreigner among us, speaks sense. There is no quick fix and there is ALWAYS two-sides to a story.

So now that I have that immigration temper tantrum out of the way, I had a new day full of regular ol' Daphnewood drama and fun. M-Boy is to have surgery on May 25th. His doctor said "I think I have about a 50-75% chance of restoring [M-boy's] hearing". Why do doctors do that? I don't want to hear a percentage! I would have been happier if the doctor would have said "there are no guarantees but I think we can help your son to hear again and since he is almost deaf in that ear, it certainly wouldn't hurt to try". Doesn't that sound so much nicer? Well I think it does.

It is absolutely GORGEOUS in KC today. I have spent many hours out there so far and will be going out again shortly to get Little Man from school. I am going to try to start answering or commenting on your comments from now on. It just seems to be good manners and I love when you all do it to my comments so be looking for that. Wanna hear something kind of ironic? I am having taco salad for dinner tonight. Viva Mexico!

10 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, taco salad! I am planning on fixing tacos Weds evening when my son comes for dinner. He loves tacos. Yes it was lovely in KC today and wouldntcha know it I'm stuck at the Star!
You made good points for folks to think about on the immigration issue. It is here to stay and it will be interesting how it evolves. Have a happy week and I hope all will go well for your son later this month!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Sangroncito, *blush* you say the sweetest things ;)

Vickie, how old is your son? My youngest son asks everyday when will the fireflies come back out. boys! God love them :)

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

ill b thinkin good thoughts on your boy i know what it feels like not being able 2 hear hope it all goes good 4 him.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Ryan, thanks so much. I know you have problems with hearing too and can understand what M-boy goes through. I'm thinking good thoughts for you too xoxo

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I love Mexican food. MMmmm.

 
At 5:35 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Jayleigh, so do I. I love the spicy stuff. My favorite is the all fattening tamale.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Rowan said...

yumm! taco-salad yes please!

I do hope the lil guy is going to be ok...and as you said, at least theres a chance right?

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

Rowan, M-Boy will hear again. I know he will. He was doing so well after his last surgery but it just went downhill after a few months. I just hope this doctor is as good as his previous one. Anyone near Jacksonville, if you need an ENT see Dr. Michael Poole! He is the greatest!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

I have faith in your faith that the surgery will be a total success! And taco salad...yum! Although Portugal, the UK, and Denmark have all had great food options, the one thing I have yet to find (well, a couple of places in PT, but they were cost-prohibitively expensive) is really good Mexican food. It's one of the things I crave the most when I go home. I make a bit of it myself, but it's frankly not the same. So, let me live vicariously through you...how was it? :-)

 
At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home