Monday, August 21, 2006

Summer Is Over

The kids started school last week. My days of sleeping in are over until next summer. Sure, I get two weeks in December to be lazy but it isn't the same as 11 weeks of pure schedule changing sleeping in. No more late nights into 3 or 4 am. I am adapting. The kids are having a harder of time of it. Little Man is in the 3rd grade now. I just got his ritalin refilled so hopefully this week will go smoothly. I kind of got a weird vibe when I let his teacher know that he takes ritalin. I hate when things like that happen.

M-Boy goes to the high school in the morning for math but the rest of the day he goes to middle school. Mouse and M-Boy got the same geometry teacher, just at different times. M-Boy goes everyday because he is on the middle school schedule. Mouse goes every other day because she is on high school block scheduling. Their teacher decided to assign the same homework just splitting M-boy's into two days worth of work. You all know that M-Boy loves math and he completed both days worth of work on sunday afternoon. Mouse has yet to do her work. She says "it's due on tuesday and I can always copy M-boy's" Nice. They are both off to a wondeful start in honors geometry, don't you think?

3 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hard to believe the summer has passed so quickly and the kids are back in school. I have noticed sunrise is way later now-I'm up by or before 6 and was used to having light when I drink my coffee out on the deck. Don't want to sit on a spider!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Al said...

We don't start the Fall term until after Labor day, and the natives are getting restless.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger Ryan said...

my brother & sister went back they wernt happy bout it but its life i can say that now since im done with it. thanx 4 the email i sent u 1 with my new email hope u got it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home