Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Living In Denial

Is anyone else depressed about the news lately? I get sick to my stomach everytime I try to read a story. There is so much hate in the world. Religions fighting amongst themselves, liberals and conservatives pointing fingers at each other, nations threatening to destroy other nations. It is horrible. I cannot watch anymore. It seems like if I have a certain view about something.....let's see....I'll pick a random topic.....fashion. Just the topic of fashion will start a war! You don't believe me? Okay, just follow along.

I like that shirt what! That shirt was made by child workers in a sweatshop! Slave labor is closer to describing their job.

What a neat purse that purse was illegally imported undermining the American employee and severely infringing upon the trademark protection.

This jacket looks warm Do you know how many animals die for stupid fashion statements? Fur might be warm but the animal that had it before you needed it more.

These shoes are cool! Those shoes are designed by the masculine with intent on keeping a woman uncomfortable and in a subservient role. Until women can wear shoes that are comfortable yet still professional looking then men will always percieve themselves to be dominant.

Now before you all say, oh that isn't reality I swear to God Himself that something along those same lines has been said to me at one point in the past two years. The news sucks. I will start turning a blind eye which is very sad in itself. Sometimes living in denial for a short bit is the only way to survive.

5 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Al said...

When we were on the mission to Mexico, there was no radio and no television at the Orphanage. So for a whole week I was oblivious to what was going on in the world. I didn't miss it a bit.
When I got home I wurned on the TV, the news came on. I watched it for a couple of minutes, and I turned it back off, thinking "I don't need this sh&*

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger portuguesa nova said...

Ditto. What's good anymore?

 
At 5:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch the evening news. I try to keep up with what's going on in the world, but I cannot let myself go there, else I will be in a deep depression!!!

Also, I can picture you blogging in spike heels and a cashmere tee shirt and extravagant mink stole, with a pink crocadile purse nearby. hehehe And huge dark sunglasses just for fun.

**hugs**

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Rick said...

And then there's the flip side... Mel Gibson got drunk! OMG! He said some stupid shit! OMG! Is it the end of Braveheart II? OMG! That's when I turned it off.

 
At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie-I understand how you feel. I work in the news industry and I see and hear about crimes, incidents, etc., that never make the paper or even the tv news; there is just so much going on that not everything gets out to the public. Some of it is so awful a "family paper" can't print it. But I see stuff on the wires all the time and hate to tell you that it's probably a whole lot worse than you already think it is.
Just thank God for the kindnesses, courtesies, smiles, hugs, good friends, wonderful family, beautiful birds, a bunny or whatever that can help offset the tragedy and degradation that seems to be everywhere. Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home