Tuesday, September 05, 2006

What Does It Mean When One Loves The Simpsons?

I love watching The Simpsons. Not many TV shows can get me to laugh out loud but that show always does. I have started buying up all the seasons that have been released on DVD and I am very worried for my sanity. Does it mean I am stupid? Does it mean I am sick and twisted ( I hope I hope I hope )? Does it mean that I do not care for family values? Does anyone else like The Simpsons? Last night Little Man begged me to watch an episode with him. He said "Roger Clemens is in it. Will you watch with me?" So of course coming off of a fresh Astros loss with The Rocket leaving the game injured I said "Sure Little Man, I'll watch with you." And I laughed. And laughed and laughed. My favorite part was either when Mr. Burns bunts the ball or when Homer's 'Wonder Bat' gets broken and burned when Clemens throws a heater right down the middle. I know people should get out and experience the world instead of watching it on television but seriously folks, that show is funny. However, I am fully aware of what a bad influence it can be seeing how I ran out and bought donuts last night from Krispy Kreme. Dang you Homer Simpson and your addictions!

7 Comments:

At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I lOVE the Simpsons.
That and family Guy are the only cartooneys I'll watch. My son is Stewie. I'm Lois. Nuff said.

Anway, screw the whole family values thing, if you keep it in perspective, it's a great show.

p.s. I think I'm most like Homer.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Chipper said...

Now when you run out to get beer too, then that's bad...Doh! The simpsons rock. Plain and simple. As much as I think a lot of their material condones bad behavior...it's just palin funny. And great...really, really great.

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger The mini ninja said...

If it makes you feel better, I totally love Carlos Mencia and American Dad. Not exactly the most "moral" of shows, but it's freakin' hysterical. And 99% of the time, they're not that far from the truth. The ability to laugh at oneself and to make fun of everyone equally is a true gift!

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger kimananda said...

What does it mean? It means that you are a normal human being with a sense of humor. The Simpsons are cool.

 
At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Simpsons! Even my very religious father likes them, but not because they're funny, because every now and then, there is a bible reference and he thinks it's teaching the heathens.

But I like it because it's a hilarious show.

 
At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes watch the Simpsons. I just never liked having to explain things to my niece, or telling her that it was one thing to laugh at something on TV, but she wasn't supposed to repeat it.

**hugs**

It's actually a guilty pleasure show. If I am by myself, I will watch it gladly. :-) Along with King of the Hill.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm addicted to reruns of PeeWee's Playhouse. That's got to be worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home