Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Missing Some People

Mr. Daphnewood has been working so hard these days. I get to take breaks but he doesn't. I just paged him about 30 minutes ago and got no return call. Do you know what that means? It means he is scrubbed into a surgery and it is 10pm. Surgeries take a long time but neurosurgeries can be brutally long. He chose this path, right? I still feel bad for him and I really miss him.

I think I am going to travel a bit. I will visit sunny San Diego for a couple of days to see my Daddy. That is yet another man in my life that I miss dearly. He is a great man and it has been too long since I have been back. He doesn't travel so I must go to him.

I am putting some new quotes up on the side bar. Sorry it has taken so long to change them.

5 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

I forgot to add that I will be catching up on everyone's blogs on wednesday!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger kimananda said...

Great new quotes...I like M-Boy's quote the best. If only I didn't still feel like that about chores, but sadly I do.

Enjoy your trip to San Diego! And keep your fingers crossed that you get your wish about Mr Daphnewood getting a day off.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Rick said...

I'm impressed. Someone who can actually say, "But it is brain surgery!" (And I'm sure she's never heard that before.)

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luv the new quotes; your family is awesome! Hope you have wonderful time with your beloved Dad. It is time that should be cherished. Have a wonderful time!

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Chipper said...

Oh! Maybe the cricket little man was looking at was sleeping! (that's what I tell myself ab. the animals along the roadside--they are just lying there sunning themselves!)

I can't wait to hear all about San Diego--I have always wanted to visit there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home