Sunday, October 08, 2006

Two Movie Reviews

On friday I went to my movie, all alone with my small popcorn with just a splash of extra fat grams (a.k.a. movie theater butter flavored topping). I went to The Guardian. It was about the US Coast Guard. It was really lame. I mean MEGA lame. I was so pissed off that I wasted my freedom friday for that movie. I could tell you EXACTLY what was going to happen next. I saw one trailer for this movie but it was so freakin' contrived and manipulating that the emotional scenes didn't even give me a lump in my throat. Coast Guards in America deserved better than that mess of a movie. I liked Kevin Costner. He actually looked normal and not forcefully acting. This time, unfortunately for him, it was just a sucky script.

Then yesterday, I kept my promise to my kids and took them to see Open Season in the IMAX 3-D. Now that was a funny and very enjoyable film. I like to laugh out loud and this movie made me do that several times. The 3-D experience is so much better with the animated films. In two weeks the Nightmare Before Christmas is coming out in 3-D. Mouse has already begged me to take her. When we went to Disneyland she got exactly 3 souvenirs. One: a black hooded zip up sweatshirt with Jack Skellington's face on it. Two: a charm bracelet with Nightmare Before Christmas charms attached. Three: a black coffee thermos with Jack Skellington on it. Recently I have discovered that many gothic types of children like Jack but Mouse is just an artist and a Tim Burton fan. Thank god because I would have to nip that one in the bud real quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home