Thursday, June 09, 2005

A Blast From My Past

Has this ever happened to you? You start remembering happy moments of your youth and discuss them with a family member. You both bring up the same person and laugh and wonder how that person is doing. Is he happy? Is he healthy? What is his life like now? And then just in a matter of weeks this person contacts you out of the blue! Well it happened to me and it has been great catching up with him. He was like my father when I was 12 up until age 16 or 17. Well maybe he was more like a goofy big brother. He gave me my first ride on a motorcycle. He taught me algebra and made fun of the 80's fashions that dominated my wardobe (rightly so too). I do not know how we ever lost touch but I am glad we have reconnected.

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had those parts of my past lobotomized and placed in a mason jar if I ever need them again. All I remember from my past is burning my GI Joes nipples with a magnifying glass.
k

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Oh, how cool! I have an "adopted dad," too (I adopted him, my mother's fiance when I was 12 to the time I was about 18.) Even though they never got married ((and I could kick them for that!!)) I still keep in touch with him, and claim him as my dad :) This is great for you :D :D!!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

I'm so happy for you!

Hows the packing going?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home