Saturday, June 11, 2005

Daphnewood's Guitar

Okay, so my son wanted to learn guitar and I got him this little sized one. I have been trying to teach him some things but my fat fingers don't fit on all the frets when I try to play an A chord. I don't know how to play the guitar. I have been getting this knowledge from the internet because right now with the move, I don't think starting lessons is a good idea. ANYWAY, what I am trying to say is I got a guitar. It is smoky ash colored and awesome and I love it. My brother bought it for me. And I got a case that they call a "gig bag" but it is hard on the inside (lined with velvet) so nothing can damage my new beauty. So this just cements my resolve to make this year (July 05 to July 06) Daphnewood's year. I have been following around my husband for 15 years, working while he went to school and squeezing a few classes myself where I could. But now he is working and it's my turn (his words). This is going to be Daphnewood's year. I have begun (is this proper english? it doesn't sound right) to lose weight. The exercise regimen has not started but I have scoped out trails in KC and the move is only three weeks away. I will also learn how to sew this year and try to learn some Italian. I want some cosmetic surgery too (smaller boobs) and I want to put all of my home videos of the kids onto DVD's. And now I have added "learn to play the guitar" to the list. I am so excited! I will post a picture of my special gift later. Right now, I just had to tell the world!

4 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

So incredibly cool. I always wanted to learn to play, but my fingers go weird and I think I should just stick to crochet!

Have fun, Sweetie!

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Kim said...

Hi! Welcome to your year!!! Eight years ago I did the cosmetic surgery thing, and if you need a hand to hold, give me a holler! Indigoblue at wi dot rr dot com. I was nervous, but I don't regret it for one single minute.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

Good for u! I am into the whole sewing thing as of just this past year, it's a lot easier than at first it seems!

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Yeah, that's awesome, Daphne :)
You should learn to play "Wildwood Flower" and the "Twelve-Bar Blues" they're both pretty easy :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home