Sunday, July 31, 2005

Hey Howdy Ho

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Hi everyone!


My life has been busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest. I managed to register the kids for school. Yes! Everyone looks at me like I am an alien when I complain about the book fees and lab fees. My daughter wanted to take an art class called "Watercolors" and as art is her life I just could not say no even though it had a $35 fee. So seriously, I have always been sort of in the middle when it comes to politics but this charging for public school drives the Republican in me to the surface. I am not kidding. I get so fuming over this. I found out that people on public assistance do not have to pay fees of any sort and anyone who gets medicaid also is exempt from fees. So this means that the middle man falls through the cracks by not being able to afford the extra classes like watercolors because they are just scraping to get by and do not qualify for assistance. This also means that the rich guys probably gets stucks paying for everyone else even though they more than likely send their kids to private school. This is a real problem in my eyes. Anyway, I got totally side-tracked here with a little soapbox issue when all I wanted to say is "hi" to everyone and wish everyone well.

8 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

HI Daph!!
I totally understand where you are coming from on the fee issue with school. It is the same here in Ohio, those on assistance do not pay anything for their kids, fees, etc. I won't get started on all that, cos I will go off on a tangent, but there are those that take advantage of that detail and it is the hard working that get stuck paying for everything.
ok, anyway, hope your week is a great one!!
Hope to hear from you again soon :)

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

yes, that is what I see too. People who play the system and it is ALWAYS someone else paying for others who take a free ride whenever and wherever they can. But thanks about the well wishes for the weekend. It ended up being fantastic. I hope your week turns out just as great, Daze! *hugs*

 
At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi via Dave's blogroll. I'm stumped as to why you would have to pay fees for public schools. I went to a public school and the only thing I had to pay for was meals.

Being a registered Independent, I would venture to guess that the fees for art classes are a beta version of the GOP plan for vouchers/privatization of the school system in general. But whatever the issues, I think BOTH parties need to come together and be MODERATE for the sake of the people. After all, when the rich Republicans and the rich Democrats in Congress battle each other over where the poor people can go to school and what they don't or don't have to pay, all they're doing is wasting the poor people's tax dollars without helping them :(

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Daphnewood said...

you know Brian, you might be right about the beta version. Her high school had a thick folder on classes she can take and it looked an awful lot like a college schedule of class descriptions and fees. In fact I thought I was enrolling her at a junior college when I saw that! hmmm...food for thought

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Jenny said...

"busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest" this is new. LOL

I know it's maddening. Schools around here don't have fees like that, but they also don't have cool classes like watercolors.

Have a great week, Sweetie.

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger SunGrooveTheory said...

Oh, No, I agree with you a Hundred percent here, Daphne. Well-put.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

I am so glad that someone else has said it, people for ages have been looking at me like I'm scum for suggesting that the middleclass is at risk. I feel I'm middle class, we can afford some creature comforts, but we are certainly not rich. If i had sent my kids to daycare and gone back to work, I would not be living any different from a very poor person, but the people on assistance here get daycare for free, and I feel I'm taxed out the wazzoo for nothing in return. The middle class are who take care of the poor and protect the rich, aren't we fools!

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

instant car insurance quote
car insurance rating
direct car insurance
tesco car insurance
car insurance estimate
auto insurance quote
auto cheap insurance
nj car insurance
car insurance n
car insurance rating
car insurance ny
nationwide car insurance
aa car insurance
young driver car insurance
low cost car insurance
cheap car insurance quote
car insurance canada
progressive car insurance
buy car insurance online
car insurance broker
diamond car insurance
car accident insurance
cheap online car insurance quote
car insurance san diego
aa car insurance
texas car insurance
car insurance los angeles
geico car insurance
free car insurance quote
auto cheap insurance

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
low car insurance

 

Post a Comment

<< Home